Skip to main
Unemployment Benefits

Unemployment Benefit from Home Country

EU/EAA citizens can export their unemployment benefit to other European Countries for 3-6 months, including Denmark

Registration when you arrive with unemployment benefits from home country - PDU2

You need to register as a jobseeker at Workindenmark within 7 days from the date stated on the front page of the PDU2 form you have received from either the employment services or the unemployment insurance fund in the country you left.


Before you send your PDU2, you need to create your CV at the EURES CV portal and include the CV ID- number in the letter you send. Please note that it is not possible to register you without the CV ID- number. 

NB: Your "CV-number" is stated as "User ID"’. You can find it under "My profile".

Create your CV on the EURES portal (new tab).

Workindenmark is not open for personal appearance; therefore, you must send a copy of your PDU2 by post to Workindenmark in Odense. The postmarked dispatched date will be noted as the registration date:

Dannebrogsgade 3. 1
5000 Odense C

When a copy of your PDU2 and your CV ID- number has been received by post, the paperwork is done. Make sure to include your phone number in your CV, as Workindenmark needs to get in contact with you in order to guide and advise you about the Danish labour market and your rights and obligations.

If you have any questions please contact Workindenmark by phone or e-mail:

Phone: +45 72 22 33 00
Monday to Thursday: 9am –3pm
Friday: 9am –1pm

If you are interested in tips for your job search in Denmark, we recommend you have a look at our job search tutorials, e-learning course or sign up for free job search webinars. 

E-learning, Tutorials and Webinars